The Perfect Underwater Photography Gift
- Become an Underwater Lighting Wizard: Go behind the scenes to understand how light travels and transforms underwater.
- From backscatter to hot spots avoidance: Get the foundations to light up your underwater shots. See the marine world in a whole new way.
- Flash vs Video Lights: Discover when to unleash the power of your flash for vibrant shots, and when continuous video lights can get the job done.
- Transform from Fish Pics to Photographic Art: Go beyond ordinary underwater shots to composing true artistic masterpieces. Lighting is the key to next-level underwater imagery.
Here is what others are saying about us:
Which course to give?
You can gift a 12-months access to any of the 7 Courses of The Underwater Club:
Or you can gift a 1-year Club Membership, which includes all Courses, monthly webinars and private forums where Members get invaluable feedback on their images, from fellow underwater photographers and more!
Need help deciding?
- The Introduction Course is great for beginners in underwater photography. It is well suited to experienced land-photographers too, with a lesson that helps them grasp the key differences between underwater and “normal” photography. Yes, we are worlds apart 🙂
- The Lighting Course will benefit beginners and advanced underwater photographers alike, starting with the theory of how light travels through and gets affected by the water, and the role of artificial lights. The course delves into the merits of using flash vs video lights, 1 flash vs 2 flashes, and importantly covers how to position these light sources to produce clearer pictures, free of backscatter (the floating bright spots). This fundational course will elevate the student’s understanding of underwater lighting, enabling them to move away from the mere “Fish identification” shot, and craft more artistic imagery.
- A Club Membership gives the student access to 40 lessons, covering over 16 hours of packed video-based tuition. This comprehensive curriculum will help them gain mastery of their equipment, of the photographic techniques and artistic considerations behind various genres of underwater photography. Receiving a constructive, articulate feedback on one’s photo is another great way to progress, and Club Members can exchange photo critiques in the safe and caring environment provided by our Club Forums. Last but not least, Members can access all our Monthly events for free, which normally retail for AU$ 59, when open to guest registrations.
Still not sure? Ask us for advice!
How giving works
Click the “GIFT” button, it will take your to the purchase page of the chosen course or membership.
Enter your personal details (as the buyer), make sure the box “is this a gift?” is checked, enter your payment details and hit “Continue”.
Note: if you already have an account with us, log-in and your details will be pre-filled (no need to change them unless they’re out-dated).
Log into your account (check you email for login details), click the “Membership and Payments” and navigate to the “Gifts” sub-menu.
From there you can send the gift email, or copy the gift URL, a link that you can share via other means. You can also see if your gift has been claimed yet.
see if your gift(s) has/have been used (claimed), you can send an email to the gift recipient with a personal message.
Select your gift
(around USD 68
112 minutes of video
(around USD 116
130 minutes of video
(around USD 343)
16 hours of video
Frequently Asked Questions
Enter your details (if you are a member, they will be pre-filled), and make sure to tick the “is this a gift?” checkbox.
You will be able to choose the recipient and send your gift after completing your purchase.
They will click a unique link which will let them sign-up to the gifted course without having to provide any payment details.
We can send this link via email on your behalf, with a message from you, or you can copy this link and share it the way that feels best for the occasion.
You can either send the email straight away, or wait for the right time, whatever best suits the occasion!
The Underwater Club is an Australian-based business and our courses are charged in Australian Dollars.
The price in US Dollars (or other currencies) varies with currency exchange rates. You can use a currency converter to estimate the cost in your currency.
Our lead educator, Nicolas Remy, is an accomplished Underwater Photographer and he enjoys sharing his knowledge. He created these courses to share everything he knows about Underwater Photography, in an accessible way.
We’re sure you’re going to love these Courses, but don’t take our word for it, start your risk-free 7-days trial!
Want to stay in touch?
Sign-up for the latest news from
The Underwater Club
PS: check your spams folder for the confirmation email