Meet fellow Club members and enjoy underwater photography together!

Find answers, ask questions, and help each other
to take better underwater photos.

The Underwater Club Forums Competitions Upcoming contests by 07th April 2024: Mayotte’s International Festival (FIISMM)

• by 07th April 2024: Mayotte’s International Festival (FIISMM)

Posted by Nicolas on 2024-04-05 at 11:53 am

Hi everyone,

I’ve just received an email informing me, a bit late, a bout this free contest closing in 2 days’ time.

It’s around an underwater imagery festival which will take place in the French-speaking island of Mayotte (off Africa’s south east) end of May.

They do have an english version for the rules: https://fiismm.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/reglement-fiismm-14-02-24-en.pdf

For the rest of the website, you’ll need to switch-on your browser’s translation: https://fiismm.com/presentation-concours/

I am a little unclear about the way to participate, my guess is you just WeTransfer your images to this email address, using the naming convention described in the rules: [email protected]

There are 3 categories you can enter from overseas (the 4th requires diving with one of the Mayotte’s dive clubs):

-Portfolio (10 un-related images)

-Theme (3 related images)

-Print: 1 image

Not sure if there’s any material prizes involved, or just a title. Winning photos will be exhibited during the festival in Mayotte, and as I gather, perhaps in the Reunion island too.

I’ve asked the organisers to confirm that a WeTransfer is all it takes to enter, I’ll update this post if I hear back before the deadline.

Nicolas replied 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jo

2024-04-05 at 6:23 pm

Hi – have looked at this and the portfolio needs to be ‘diverse’, it asks that you number the photos in the order you wish them to be viewed and also with the trio. this is something I have come across before and wondered if there is a ‘magic formula’ to this?

• Nicolas

Administrator
      2024-04-05 at 8:04 pm

They’re definitely after a submission which showcases a wide range of skills, so you should pick amongst your very best images, trying to have a mix of macro, wide, and as much as possible, don’t repeat subjects.

• Jo

2024-04-05 at 7:25 pm

I tried to fill in the online form without success so emailed them and got this response if it helps anyone else.

‘You can send your participation information (last name, first name, address,
    email, telephone number), your competition category as well as your images
    directly to the address [email protected]. For files, you can transmit
    them via a transfer platform (WeTransfer for example)’.

• Nicolas

Administrator
      2024-04-05 at 8:03 pm

Cheers Jo, and I’ve just heard back from them on a question: the maximum file size which applies is the one specified in the rules (the website mentions max 25MB, but the rules have a lower limit).